Friday, July 1, 2011

We Have Life!

At this point it's reeaaaally hard to tell, with the eggs floating around constantly in the water, but I can tell by the spazzy movements of some of the flecks that some sea monkeys have hatched! There's no way to tell how many...






I'm going to take the advice of the aquarticle on raising "large brine shrimp" and wait 24 hours to feed them. I plan to grind up the spriulina flakes into a fine powder and do as he suggested, wetting the tip of a match (or in my case probably a chopstick or something) and dipping it in the spirulina powder, then swishing it around in the water. He suggests to do this twice a day, but since they are so tiny and I'm not raising a huge crop of them, I think I will do it once a day for now until I can better assess how many there are.

So excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment